Must be US Citizen with ability to obtain public trust clearance
Key Required Skills
Candidate will participate as needed in all phases of software development with emphasis on the planning, analysis, development, testing, integration, documentation and presentation phases. The candidate will apply principles, methods, and knowledge of specific functional areas of expertise to specific Work Order requirements, and make recommendations and advise on organization-wide system improvements, optimization, or maintenance efforts.
Candidate may work closely with the team leader/chief engineer on activities such as technical proposal support, defect management, software development/modification/enhancement, system integration, and maintenance/process improvement activities.
The position will also support risk/opportunity management, causal analysis, and lessons learned activities. It is not a telework position. This opportunity is within our Health organization supporting our customer, the Social Security Administration.
Detailed Skills Requirements:
• Specific technical skills required include:
• Server-side component design skills: Object-Oriented Design with Java EE 6 and up, Spring/SpringBoot, Jax-WS and JAX-RS Webservice development, Apache OpenJPA or similar, EJB 3.0, common frameworks such as Maven, JUnit, Log4J, Mockito.
• Usability and Section 508 principles,
• SQL development for IBM DB2,
Git, BitBucket, Jenkins automation
Must demonstrate the experience and ability to work without technical oversight and to lead and/or supervise a team of specialists.
Must possess superior oral and written communication skills in order to clearly and effectively convey issues and ideas to team members, management and customers
• Agile development principles and methodology
• Test Driven Development
• Behavior Driven Development
• SSA system architecture a PLUS
Education: Master’s degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, with minimum 5 years of relevant professional experience or Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, with minimum 7 years of relevant professional experience