Must be US Citizen with ability to obtain public trust clearance
We are seeking a Sr. Java Developer for Baltimore location. The Senior Java Developer shall have extensive experience in developing, maintaining Java based applications. Has prime accountability for major projects and will develop detailed and robust design, code, test, and implement proposed systems. Ability to develop technical solutions, and document the solution architecture and design using UML. Hands-on experience with projects supporting Cloud infrastructure, Service Oriented Architecture and Microservices Architecture principles, work independently and provide technical directions to team members. The candidate shall also possess strong oral and written communications skills.
Key Required Skills:
Experience with JEE technologies, Struts 1.3x and Struts 2, Spring Framework (IoC, MVC, Transactions, Security, Batch), Spring Boot, Spring JDBC, JPA, Hibernate, SOAP/RESTful, XML, PL/SQL, Oracle, DB2, SonarQube, Git, Tomcat, WebSphere and VersionOne
• The candidate will present concepts using UML and be willing to challenge other team member's designs as well as receive and incorporate feedback.
• The candidate will be responsible for creating maintainable, adaptable, scalable, defect-free code using software development best practices and coding standards (i.e. software reuse, refactoring, continuous integration, test automation, secure development, Test Driven Development, static code analysis, peer/code review).
This position requires someone who is proactive and passionate about ensuring the quality of software deliverables and continuous improvement and can communicate with the development teams what is required to achieve this effectively on tasks.
Experience with JEE technologies, Struts 1.3x and Struts 2, Spring Framework (IoC, MVC, Transactions, Security, Batch), Spring Boot, Spring JDBC, JPA, Hibernate, SOAP/RESTful, XML, PL/SQL, Oracle, DB2, SonarQube, Git, Tomcat, WebSphere and VersionOne in an Agile software development environment.
• Experience with Web Services Technology (XML, JAXP, JAXB, JAX-WS, AXIS, JERSEY, JSON, CXF, REST and SOAP) and Security (LTPA, JWT, OAUTH2).
• Strong XML processing experience such as XSD, XPath, XSL, XSLT, etc.
• Experience with Object Oriented Design (OOD), Object-oriented programming (OOP) and development, data structures and design patterns.
• Experience with Agile framework and ability to apply best practices using industry standards throughout the software development phase.
• Hands-on experience with various frameworks such as AngularJS, jQuery, ReactJS, and node.js.
• Experience coding "responsive" web pages, with cross-browser limitations and standard-compliant.
• Experience with RDBMS and database design and troubleshooting (Oracle, PL/SQL, DB2, SQL Server, PostgreSQL)
• Experience with Automated unit test (i.e. JUnit, Mocking frameworks), Test Driven Development (TDD), and Behavior-driven development (BDD) (Cucumber).
• Experience with writing Java Batch applications with spring batch or other batch frameworks.
• Knowledge of web application security vulnerabilities and how to address them.
• Experience with DevOps, full automated deployment (Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery) and test automation, working knowledge of Jenkins, Maven and Shell Scripting.
• Experience with building Spring based, cloud native, 12 factor applications.
• Hands-on Design and development experience on Microservices and Restful API.
• Experience with designing, architecting, and presenting technical Cloud-based solutions throughout the life cycle, from early capture through proposal and delivery.
• Experience with complex programming, program debugging, data analysis, problem analysis and resolution issues within OO application systems.
• Communication skills to present ideas and concepts effectively; strong and proven problem solving.
• Strong communication and documentation skills.
• Self-starter, highly motivated individual, a team player who adapts to a dynamic work environment, and the ability to mentor others.
• Experience with version control software such as MKS and GIT.
• Able to multi-task and work in a dynamic, fast-pace environment.
• Ability to investigate/research issues, determines impact, and provide solutions.
Master’s degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, with minimum 5 years of relevant professional experience or Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, with minimum 7 years of relevant professional experience.