Salary Range $160,000-$180,000
Total Benefits Package of up to $47,000
TS/SCI Full Scope Poly Req'd
Perform System Security Engineering duties by implementing security measures on existing equipment and assisting with procurement of security features and architecture to future-proof a stand-alone Government research and development laboratory. This laboratory comprises the network infrastructure, servers (both physical and virtual), and workstations needed to support mission requirements. Operating systems in use include several flavors of Linux, Windows, and OS X. Hardware includes: Dell servers, switches, network attached storage arrays, and tape drives; Symantec backup appliance; Cisco switches; Apple workstations; and custom-built workstations.
REQUIRED Technical Skills:
(In addition to those outlined in the SOW)
• Expertise in the area of information system security and ensuring the security of a lab network
• Meet all agency requirements for lab network while optimizing support to mission operations.
• Familiarity with NESSUS
• Familiarity with IAVA Compliance
• Familiarity with Hardening and Security policies
• Skilled at documenting processes and procedures as well as document editing.
• Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Information Systems, Mathematics or similar degree is required. Four (4) years of experience may be substituted for a Bachelor’s Degree.
• Fourteen (14) years experience in a technical role, providing technical expertise for software intensive projects and programs, of which a desired three (3) years within the Intelligence Community. At least five (5) years experience with Programming languages such as: JAVA, C++, or C