Must be US Citizen with ability to obtain public trust clearance
location: Washington, DC
Will be working on site at DHS near Union Station in DC.
Looking for Software Developer with strong systems, software, cloud, and Agile experience to support a complex program to provide Agile development and operations and maintenance for critical systems in support of DHS Citizenship and Immigration Services. Will be part of an exciting ecosystem, participating with federal employees, and other contractors, in a team-based DevOps approach to deliver mission value frequently, cost-effectively, responsively, and with high quality. In this hands on position, you will work collaboratively with other companies to architect, design, build, deliver, and enhance highly available, scalable, real time systems.
•Contribution to development efforts (design, develop, test, deploy) in their current and recent previous experience
•Minimum 1 year of hands on experience with the following: Angular, Spring / Spring Boot, Java, Hibernate, JPA, Mongo or Postgres, Jetty, Microservices, OpenShift, Gradle, Maven, Ant, Junit, Bitbucket, Cucumber, SonarQube, CI/CD pipeline, Jenkins, git, Cloudwatch, Jira, Confluence, Eclipse
•Understanding of software processes and methodologies and ability to speak intelligently about them
• Experience with DevOps frameworks
• Knowledge of software design patterns
• Proficiency with common Agile practices, service-oriented environments, and better development practices
• Proficiency with Agile management tools such as the Atlassian suite • Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• AWS expertise/certs
• 508 experience/expertise
• Certified Scrum Master (CSM)
• PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)
• Experience supporting Agile projects for the Department of Homeland Security (DHS)
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: Typically requires BS degree and 1-2 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 1 year of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain.